Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I have a confession to make: I don't follow many other baking blogs. Although I should support my fellow blogger, I just can't seem to find the time. However, there is one specific blog that I've been following almost daily and has become quite addictive. It's called Sweet Tooth and is written by a girl named Erica. Erica's Sweet Tooth is where I found this delicious recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. I have to say on this particularly snowy day in Ottawa, these cookies are the perfect TREAT!


Ingredients 

3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
 2 packages of miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups


Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat peanut butter and butter together until well mixed. Add sugars, egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, and then gradually mix them into peanut butter mixture.


Shape dough into 1" balls and place in an ungreased mini-muffin tin.


Bake for 8 minutes. While cookies are baking, unwrap all of the peanut butter cups (about 40) and have them ready to go next to the oven for right when the cookies are ready

When cookies are done, press a peanut butter cup firmly in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies sit in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.


Oooooey-Goooey Peanut Butter Goodness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment