Friday, January 7, 2011

Super Duper Slow-Cooker Chunky Chicken Chili

I love trying new chili recipes... I'm not sure what it is about chili in the winter that draws me in but it's a good thing it does. This one was SUPER easy and tasted quite delicious. The heat factor comes from the type of Salsa you choose to use and the amount of chili powder you toss in. In my case, it was medium salsa and a little extra chili powder...What can I say, I like to spice it up a little. If you don't have a slow cooker...BUY ONE! It'll save your life on those busy days when you just don't have time to make a good meal.


Ingredients

2 cans (19oz/540ml each) of mixed beans, rinsed. (I chose red kidney beans and black beans simply because that's what was in the pantry.)  
2 cups of Salsa (I used Tostitos Medium Salsa, but if you don't like a little spice then mild would be the way to go) 
1 can (14oz/398ml) no-salt added tomato sauce
2 tbsp. of chili powder (I added a little extra because I like a little spice in my life)
2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks/cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 can of corn 

Optional toppings: 
Shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion


Combine the first four ingredients in the slow cooker; top with chicken, onions and corn. Do not stir. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir just before serving and serve with desired optional toppings. Delish!


Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy

No comments:

Post a Comment